|Facebook- from my Viewpoint
Business people have been meeting and exchanging business cards (and business ideas) for many decades, usually taking the form of a business breakfast.
Well, I think Facebook is an extention of that concept of interacting with like-minded people. Would you agree?
Facebook (social media: including Twitter, YouTube etc) works best when integrated with my business website where the full content can be stored on a page.
Example: I have a page on my site (which has a facebook “I LIKE “ link and an RSS FEED) which has all the detailed info I want to share this week to my business club (ie interest/network group) including photos and video clips.
Then, on my Facebook Wall and my photos, blog, notes, video tabs………. I post snippets/comments about my website page and share it as well as tag it to my business club- known in facebook terms as: my community; my group; my network members or simply, my fans.
|My network group of eg 100 people can now view my post from their feed when they log onto their facebook home-page. Now the opportunity arises for them to : Go to my website , and get the full content details, Interact with me by leaving a comment. Pass this helpful or interesting info on to their own network groups
1. Useful, valuable information is shared
3. Opportunity to grow my facebook network
eg. A 120 friends after the page was posted.
4. Can share info quickly to a large number of people.
5. Can get feedback and connect with people on a one-to-one basis. 6. Good for SEO: higher google ranking due to good content and good back links.
My THREE GOLDEN Rules:
1. Do not spam.
2. Keep in touch on a regular basis eg. Do not miss a week.
3. Be authentic – be the real you, put a voice to your knowledge: create a network circle of trust (which could become influencial)